Effective date: August 17, 2018
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Cookies and Usage Data
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Heffter Research Institute uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Heffter Research Institute
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Service Providers We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Analytics We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links To Other Sites
We do not track people over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Your browser may have ways to set it so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on Heffter’s website, such as Facebook and Twitter, may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Heffter website from a certain IP address. Facebook does track Heffter webpages. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Heffter’s websites unless you provide it to them directly.
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.heffter.org/privacy-policy or Contact page.